R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Step it up

12 thoughts on “R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Step it up

1. Malo lava Leata, lelei tele oe! Tilotilo i lou blog, o lea ua uma ona ou tusi atu lo’u tali. xx

1. Malo e lelei Mrs Tele’a, Swaimah here. I really loved the details you added about this task and how excited you are to be doing this little program. Tonga is a very special country to most people in New Zealand. I’ve learnt a lot just from this little session about Tonga and how to respect others.

Questions

What made you Travel to Tonga?
    Have you tried being respectful in the tongan way?

Thanks Swaimah <3

1. Talofa lava Swaimah, how wonderful to see you taking part in the Summer Learning Journey – well done you!
      I have travelled to Tonga in the past as it was a stop in my journey to Samoa. Our plane would top first in Tonga to let passengers off before heading to Samoa.

I have shown respect the Tongan way by making sure that my clothing is modest in that my lavalava reaches my ankles. Also greeting people in the Tongan language and saying thank you. While these are very basic they are loaded with respect. Happy holidays Swaimah, looking forward to reading more from you.

2. Kia Ora Mrs. Andrea,
    Jamie here. This is a great way to share the love and respect around. How did you think of this activity? Thanks for sharing and have a great day!
    Jamie

1. Talofa lava Jamie, thank you for your comment and question. This year as I’ve visited schools I notice that each one values the showing and practicing of respect. This is why I thought of this activity. I’m looking forward to seeing the logo you design. Malo aupito!

3. Talofa lava Mrs Andrea Bakulich Tele’a! I love this and I think people need to always have their roots in their heart. This is a really good way of showing respect and I think more people needs to know about this! Check out my R.E.S.P.E.C.T posts here:https://odsrafina.edublogs.org/
    Blog Ya Later!
    – Rafin Owairaka District School

4. Kia ora Mrs Andre I really like how you greet us with a culture and you also make it interesting how you talk about this topic I have been learning a lot of stuff about different topics and It is also hot where I am.
    Thank you
    By:Tk

1. Malo TK, thanks for taking the time to check this activity out. What parts of your culture do you love? Are there any parts of your culture that you especially want to know more about. Have a great start to the year TK. Mrs Tele’a

5. Kia ora

This is Willietony here. This was an amazing activity to do and I really enjoyed it.
    Have a blessed day and God bless

Willietony

6. Malo Willietony, I’m glad that you enjoyed this activity. Is there a special part of your culture that you think more people should know about? Is there something you do everyday that connects directly to your culture? I hope you have a great new year Willitony. Mrs Tele’a