Rebus Puzzles – Kick Start

4 thoughts on “Rebus Puzzles – Kick Start

1. Kia Ora Vicki
    Jamie here from St. Patrick’s School. I just saw your post, and it’s title caught my eye. I’m thinking, what are ‘Rebus’ Puzzles? I just read the description and my task is to create and understand a story out of emojis?!

This reminded me of a video, when you had to guess the movie just by using emojis. You can definitely guess what was the easiest movie TO guess!!

This task looks really fun, and I can’t wait to do it. I wonder how you thought of this cool idea? Thanks for sharing and in the meantime, I’ll be making my emoji story. Have a great day, a Merry Christmas, and I’m really looking forward to a Step-It-Up activity!!
    Jamie

2. Malo e lei lei
    This is Bland from Hay Park School when I entered this site I knew I was gonna do good on this one, at first I didn’t really know what I was gonna base my story on and what topic it should be then suddenly a idea popped up into my brain I used that idea. and as I was writing that I just added more and more to my story.
    The easy part was choosing what emojis I should use and what hand writing I should use.
    The hard part was when should I add this part or this paragraph.
    I really enjoyed everything in this activity it was simple and easy and really helped me writing fiction stories and narratives.

1. KIa ora Blane,

That is the beauty of writing isn’t it. You get an idea then you start writing and before you know it your idea has run away and you can’t start writing.

Ordering our ideas into paragraphs is always tricky. This is where a plan comes in. A good rule to follow is a new paragraph is for a new group of ideas. I’ll give you an example.

The dog walked to the beach and played in the waves. He thought it was very fun.

Later that day, he took a long nap. He dreamt a lot about playing in the waves.

Notice how the different paragraphs have different settings and different ideas? Hopefully this helps you.