Where’s Wally this Summer? (Step-it-Up)

8 thoughts on “Where’s Wally this Summer? (Step-it-Up)

1. Hi,
    Just a question how do you know if someone has checked your work. I’ve been waiting for a few days and no feedback or response.
    Thanks Sophia

1. Hi Sophia,

I’m sorry to hear that you have had no feedback on your work at the time you wrote the comment. Have you had a response now?

Mrs Taylor 🙂
      Uru Mānuka Education Programme Leader

2. Hey there Mrs Taylor, Swaimah here! I just wanna say that you made my day! I love to do animations and i had a rough day. My animation was a bit simple but I still enjoyed doing this task. Wheres Wally is an incredible book to read/look. PacWally is a really good way to express a book and a game. Both of the 2 hobbies combined together makes a great connection!

Questions

What made you put both a game and a book together?
    What is your favourite part at this task you created?

Thanks Swaimah

1. Hi Swaimah,

Animations are a lot of fun aren’t they? My favourite part of the task was creating PacWally as it’s always fun to design new characters even if they are based on known ones. I meshed the game and book together after seeing some students from Wigram create a PacMan animation. I just thought it would be a fun SLJ activity if the two were meshed together.

Keep up your awesome work.

Mrs Taylor 🙂
      Uru Mānuka Education Programme Leader

3. Kia Ora Ms. Taylor,
    this activity was really fun! I liked how there was already a template and we could make our own story. I have a question: how did you think of combining PacMan and Where’s Wally? That was really creative. Anyways, thanks for sharing, please check out my work!
    Jamie

1. Kia ora Jamie,

I’m really pleased to hear that you liked the activity. Your animation looks great. I combined the game and book together after seeing some students from Wigram create a PacMan animation. I just thought it would be a fun SLJ activity if the two were meshed together using a new (but known) character. What book and game would you combine together?

Keep up the fabulous work.

Mrs Taylor 🙂
      Uru Mānuka Education Programme Leader

4. Kia ora Mrs Taylor I have been learning a cool summer leaning topic from you and it is really interesting to find out how to make a animation it is also fun to learn, I could learn a lot more from you Mrs Taylor I hope I can learn different things about you

Thank you
    By:Tk

1. Kia ora Tk,

Thanks for choosing to do this activity. I’m glad you enjoyed it as well as learning something new. Do you like Where’s Wally or PacMan more?

Keep up the awesome work.

Mrs Taylor 🙂
      Uru Mānuka Education Programme Leader