The Summer Saturday Special: Week 1

Did you know there are 12 new activities posted every week? You can choose the activities you like from your favourite topics by clicking the tags at the top of the blog.

Learning, creating and sharing a minimum of three activities each week will help your reading, writing and maths learning. Plus you can earn points towards a chance for top blogging prizes.

Check out the links below from Week 1 of the Summer Learning Journey and have fun!

9 thoughts on “The Summer Saturday Special: Week 1

1. Kia Ora Mrs Grant! Rafin here from Ōwairaka District School. Thank you for letting us know about this and I’m trying my best. I will post my 3rd blog this week today. I’m enjoying The Summer Learning Journey so far. I think it’s pretty straight forward and easy to follow. Check out my blog here! : https://odsrafina.edublogs.org/
    Blog Ya Later!
    – Rafin Ōwairaka District School

2. Kia Ora Mrs Grant,
    Ava Here From St Francis of Assisi Catholic School. Thank you for putting this post up! Now if we ever get confused we can come straight here and learn more. Even though i’m new to the SLJ I want to try and post at least twice a week hopefully more! I think the SLJ has such a cool reason. I mean who wants to work hard all year just to forget it during the holidays?
    Heres my blog if you want to check it out: https://sfoaavar.edublogs.org/
    -Ava

3. Kumusta Ms. Grant
    this is Jamie from St. Pats. These activities were really fun for the first week of SLJ! I would really like to see some maths activities, but I really like the art activities too. I have a question: are the SLJ commenting team only comment on the popular posts, because they haven’t commented on mine yet, like last year. Thank you for the info and have a lovely weekend!
    Jamie

1. Kia ora Jamie,
      Thanks for the feedback, we’re glad you are enjoying the activities. The commenting team take a break over the weekend and will be back on Monday morning. They will be definitly be commenting on all your posts. I visited your blog and can see you have shared lots of activites since Friday. That’s an awesome effort… and you have been commenting too. Well done!
      Ngā mihi maioha,
      Mrs Grant

1. Good morning Ms. Grant,
        thank you for looking at my blog and the kind thing you have said! I will keep up the work for the commenting team and for you and Mr. Goodwin! Have a great weekend and a Merry Christmas with your family!
        Jamie

4. Talofa Lava Ms Grant.

I’m Madelyn from St Patricks and the activities were very creative and enjoyable to do. I noticed that I mostly enjoy the “art” activities and I cannot wait to do more. I have a question though, do you enjoy making video game-like activities for us or cultural activities?

I’ll be looking forward to more Summer Learning Journey activities in the future! Have a good and fantastic holiday.

Madelyn

1. Talofa Lava Madelyn,
      Thanks for the feedback, there will be more activities from the “Arts” posted over the SLJ. It is helful to click the “Arts” tab at the end of each week to see all the activities that have been shared. There will definilty be more cultural activities. Every Tuesday there are two Te Reo Māori actitivies posted. Also have a look at these activities from last week too.
      R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Kick Start
      R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Step it up

Fa’afetai lava,
      Mrs Grant